Starting March 1, 2017, Maryland Million is rewarding the owners of Maryland Million eligible horses who win any maiden race in Maryland with added bonuses.
Bonus will be paid to winning owners as follows:
- $2,500 for Maiden Special Weight & maiden claiming $50,000
- $2,000 for maiden claiming $25,000
- $1,500 for maiden claiming $16,000
- $1,000 for maiden claiming $10,000
NOTE: For Maiden Special Weight ONLY:
- An amount equal to 5% of the bonus will be paid to the original foal nominators (through 2008 foals).
- An amount equal to 5% of the bonus will be paid to the stallion nominators.
STALLION NOMINATOR AWARDS
Maryland Million stallion nominator awards will be paid to the owner indicated on the stallion nominaton form when progeny from the nominated year finish first, second, third or fourth in any Maryland Million restricted or premium race. The stallion nominator awards are indepenent of any other Maryland stallion award program.
An amount equal to 5% of the purse for each race will be paid to the stallion nominator. The 5% is distributed as follows:
- First Place - 2% of purse
- Second Place - 1.5% of purse
- Third Place - 1% of purse
- Fourth Place - .5% of purse